Re: Still Problems with RTL8139 and PS2-Mouse

Dirk von Suchodoletz wrote:

> Hi,
>         I still have porblems with the boot code for the rtl8139
> (longshine) card and ps2 mouses. If I install the mouse, the system
> instantly reboots when the first response packet from the bootp / dhcp
> server is received.
>
> I made this experience with several boards now (chaintech intel-ex, yakumo
> (qdi) intel-ex, gigabyte intel-bx ...)

I found  also strange problems after booting Linux  with netboot when PS/2
mouse
was connected on FIC  boards. Without  PS/2 mouse all worked well.
On all  boards I changed  the  RAM  timing in the BIOS  from AUTO to 70ns and
all
runs.   It seems Linux is 2 fast  for some kind of hardware .
Are these board s designed to work with gatesware only?

Try  if it will hellp you also
 greetings Wolfgang Rapp