Re: M598LMR or M599LMR info wanted

Moin,
	I thought it might be a good solution for terminals. I was able to
compile boot rom code with netboot and the packetdriver (davicom 100mbit
network adaptor). It worked with the disk test version.

With the bios of the board comes a novell boot solution, but bases on ipx
and wasn't usable for our purposes. I found a tool for manipulating the
AWARD bios (cbrom.exe). With this tool you could extract parts of rom
(additionals like virus check, the award energy star logo ...) and insert
own code. I hope to test it with such a board next week. It may work to
extract and delete the novell boot code and insert the netboot code
instead. The bios flash rom (2Mbit) is big enough (approx. 100kbyte free).

Ciao,
	Dirk

PS: I tried to communicate with the manufacturer but was totally ignored
    :-( I cant understand manufacturers who use onboard ethernet,
    implanting old novell stuff but not state of the art tcp/ip
    bootp/tftp.