Re: problem with 3c905b

Hi Philip,

>I saw, that there was a quite intense discussion about the topic
>"New problem with 3c905b and Boot-ROM" in the list,
>but I cannot obtain the files from the archive.

There is nothing very interesting about this discussion. It was my fault, that
the boot-ROM did not work. I forgot to start the driver via floppy for each
card, that uses a boot-ROM. But this is not your problem, because in this case
your machine hangs right after the power on self test of the BIOS.

Please describe your problem in detail. If the last message you see is
something like

Umcompressing...done

then you use netboot (not etherboot) with this card. If so, use the etherboot
package. It contains a workaround for this hardware bug of the card.

Ciao Marc