Other boot roms

Can I use LAN card to insert other boot roms ( lets say scsi stuff as I have
a firmwarelsee adaptec 1515 scsi card ) that have nothing to do with LAN
card.

I'm asking this because yesterday a funny thing happened to me:
I wanted to put two lan (card A and card B) cards in one linux box to pot up
firewall.
Card A had no boot rom while card B did (Card A is detecter first by linux).
well at firs reboot card A tried to boot from net (even if rom was on card
B) before booting to linux.

what is going on ?