Kernel Panic

Hello,
I have the same problems as Khairul Azmi Abu Bakar discribed in his note
of 12 Dec 1997. (/msg00401.html) But I found no solution for his problem
in
the mailing list.

The boot process is as expected until the boot image is decompressed and
the error message comes up:

VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00

I am using SuSE 6.1 with the 2.2.5. kernel and D-Link DE220 NICs on server
and clients.

Thanks
Walter

--