RE: netboot image on hard disk

                Has anyone had any success booting with netboot
(image.flo) on a
                bootable hard disk partition on the client?  I have a
project where this
                would be of benifit and would eliminate the need to burn
a chip for my
                NIC card.  I dd'ed image.flo onto /dev/hda on my Linux
disk and it
                starts to bootstrap but then gives me "Error reading
diskette".
                Shouldn't it continue to read from the hard disk or is
there something
                in the netboot floppy code that specifically looks at
the floppy
                hardware?  Curious, the netboot INSTALL doc says this
can be done.  Any
                thoughts?

                Richard Schroeder
                richard.schroeder@splashtech.com

Well if you asemble a program to read X bytes from floppy it will not
read X bytes from HD.
Basically what is happening is that things startup fine just untill code
executes a read from floppy.
To realize yourself boot from HD with netboot and put a floppy in drive
also with netboot (set boot sequence C,A) ...
everything workes as long as you have floppy with netboot  in drive A.

CIAPS
Dave