RE: Re: MENU and MGL

>>Hi all ...
>>
>>I donloaded latest version on etherboot ... read README.menu but after

>>MAKE founf no directory
>>mknbi-mgl ( and no therefor egsamples ) !!!!
>>How am I supposed to get menus running ?

>Etherboot does not support MGL. The subset of the netboot distribution

Will it ever support it ?
I guss if not it ties me down to ONE net booted os per mac address !!!

>there is included for mknbi-{linux,dos}. Funny enough, there's a file
>called IMPORTANT that has as the first paragraph:

>===
>This is not a full distribution of netboot-0.8.1 but a subset that
>excludes the bootrom, makerom and mknbi-mgl directories. This subset is

>included in Etherboot so that you can use the mknbi-* utilities. You
may
>get a couple of warnings when you do ./configure but those are
harmless.
>===

>I guess I have to rename it SEX&DRUGS so that people will take notice.
:-)

Well I'm sorry I did not read all the documentation  ... but I think
it's a common sin to read only what's necessary to get things working.
Most times it workes ... sometimes it makes you look like a nurd to
others.
SEX&DRUGS is not a goos solution but a more detailed INSTALL or README
at top level of distribution is.
Fragmented information only tremendously helps the type of sin mentioned
above, and I must say that for me the documentation avalible with
eterboot is very very fragmented.
Personally I think that the best tipe of documentation is:
One good allround INSTALL or README to get help you pot everything into
place ang get you started with a standard result. If the standard does
not suit users they can then go fetch detailed info in specific
directories.
Contradictions are to be avoided so in your case maybe you should remove
som docs ( especially about mgl ) and cut out all reference to mgl in
the rest of egsisting documentation. In the netboot dir you should not
be told to make roms in a different way (that BTW does not work) than
from top level INSTALL.
( yes I know ... documentation is the biggest part of work of any piece
of software)
Apart from the ( I hope constructive ) comment I'll add a compliment :
the documentation is quite readable and apart from the fragmentation I
found it quite good.

CIAPS
Dave