Newbie needs some advice.

Hi,

Last night I started playing with etherboot.  I successfully setup
NFS, tftp, and dhcp on my RedHat 6.0 Linux box.

After compiling the custom kernel with my net card driver, "Root file
system on NFS",
and "BOOTP support" compiled in, I used this command:

mknbi-linux -x -k zImage -o /tftpdir/vmlinuz.xterm

I booted the diskless workstation with etherboot on floppy.  It found
the dhcp server,
obtained an IP address, logged into the tftp server, and found the
kernel.

Then, the kernel started to load and went crazy.  Numbers scrolled
by on the screen non-stop.  It never completely loaded.

Is this because I don't have my root filesystem in the correct place?

I found the following statement:

"The customised Linux kernel for the DC expects to see the root
filesystem at /tftpboot/<IP address of the DC>, for example:
/tftpboot/192.168.1.100 in the case above. This can be changed when
configuring the kernel, if desired."

Is this true?  If so, do I need to export /tftpboot/192.168.241.3, and
place the root files
there?  If I recall correctly, the mknbi-linux app said the root was
located somehwhere else.  If
it can be changed when compiling the kernel...then where?

At this point I am really confused and would appreciate any help that
any of you
might be able to give me.  I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks for your time.

Barton Hodges