BOOTP server sends ARP requests

Hello everybody!

I've got a problem with my BOOTP-Server.
It gets a BOOTP-request from a BOOTP-Client.
Then it looks up the name of the client in der BOOTPTAB-File
and asks the NAMESERVER for its IP.
Then the Servers sends the following ARP request for six times:
who knows 192.168.100.20 tell 192.168.100.10
(who knows "client" tell "server")
The nothing happens. After 5 to 7 minutes the clients sends a new
request and the whole procedure restarts.

This it what tcpdump told me.

Of course no one could answer these requests,
but why does the server send them.
It should know the clients MAC from the BOOTPTAB-File.
It used it already to look up the hostname of the client.

I would be glad if anyone could help me.

Thank you.

Michael Hierweck