Re: mkbni-linux fails on Alpha ?

>I`m trying to run mkbni-linux on an Alpha kernel. The "mkbni".exe was
>compiled on this Alpha.
>But unfortunately , the "magic number" is missing.
>
>I don`t understand, wether this number is part of every elf.binary
>or it`s a special kernel specific number.

But what will you do with a tagged image even if you get mknbi-linux
working on an Alpha kernel? I'm pretty sure the Alpha netboot process
(I belive it's included in the Alpha BIOS, I may be wrong) doesn't use a
tagged image. Even if the Alpha BIOS doesn't have a netbooting section,
you can't use Etherboot because it x86 architecture specific, or Netboot
because it uses x86 packet drivers. So find out what the Alpha wants
for a network image format and work backwards from there.