Let's play "name that chipset"

Greetings esteemed colleagues,

I found a cheap 10/100 PCI NIC marketed by SOHOware, which has the
following markings on the main chip. Does anyone know what it is, and if
so, is there an Etherboot or Netboot driver known to work with it?

    MX
    MX98715AEC
    M9910
    TDTA081001
    TAIWAN

The manual and web site were singularly unhelpful in deciding what
chipset this card was using, so before I do the standard
research/disassembly/vendor-call stuff, I thought I'd ask.

I also picked up a Linksys 10/100 PCI NIC with the markings:

    LINKSYS
    LNE100TX
    LC82C115
    C9919
    TA443401
    37BDX

They included a Tulip driver for it on a driver diskette. Has anyone
happened to get this card working in Etherboot or Netboot?

Thanks for any leads or suggestions -- I am beginning to wonder if we
might consider setting up a table of cards that are known to work, and
any special things that needed to be done to make them work.  I'd be
willing to put some time into such a page.

Thanks for any help,

Marty Connor

P.S. Are there any experienced driver writers on the list who would be
willing to work on GPL/open souce Etherboot drivers on a consulting (for
fee) basis? If  so, please send me an email message.

---
        Martin D. Connor, CEO & President, Entity Cyber, Inc.
       US Mail: P.O. Box 391827, Cambridge, MA 02139-0018  USA
   Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046, Net: mdc@entity.com
                     Web: http://www.entity.com/