Problems with tftp

Hi,
	we run a set of about 80 linux xterminals on our campus network
wich boot from a set of five possible bootp/dhcp servers...
Its switched 10/100Mbit Lan with NE-PCI, NE2000, SMC-Ultra, 3C509 basing
on etherboot code and rtl8139 with netboot code.

Formerly we used the tftpd provided with the SuSe-Linux package, but had a
lot of problems with it. After a while or heavy load (60 terminals booting
at once with power on) the tftpd stopped. The tests with:
# tftp tftpdhost
# get bootimg   timed out. Only a restart of (x)inetd brougth the tftpd
back to work (sometimes).

Then we took the tftpd implementation from the netboot website. We hadn't
the problems described above any longer, but new ones:
The tftpd is started by xinetd (the xinetd is restricted to only five
processes of the same type at once). Unfortunately the tftpd doesn't die
sometimes and after a while my systems hangs because unable to fork childs
because of a great number of running tftpd's ...
We had the same problem (first and second one :-)) on all the five
bootp/dhcp servers tested with inetd and xinetd. At the moment a script
via cron kills the tftpd regularily...

Does anybody know a solution to this problem or experienced such problems
on other machines?

Ciao,
	Dirk