Re: Diskless Network - /me confused

> Hmm.. I think that I've seen something about clients sharing the same
>/etc directory. The files which where different from client to client, had
>the client name appended to the filename, in some sort. I just can't
>remember where I saw this information...

It's the transname patch, you can find it or a reference to it in the
Etherboot distribution under contrib/. I guess it was something that
was considered not suitable for mainstream kernels.

Personally I think the problem might be better addressed by a union or
translucent filesystem: mount the shared parts, then the client specific
parts on top of that.