Re: Root-NFS: Server returned error 13

Ken Yap writes:
 > >	/tftpboot/192.168.77.194 192.198.77.194(rw, no_root_squash)
 > >	Root-NFS: Server returned error 13 while mounting
 >
 > I find that exports files work better (or even at all) when hostnames
 > are used.

If you do that, make sure that you list these hostnames in /etc/hosts,
rather than relying on DNS to do the right thing. Not only is this a
security precaution, but I know that the Solaris NFS server won't even
attempt to resolve these names using anything other than /etc/hosts. I
don't know whether common NFS servers for Linux exhibit the same
behavior.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; it does
            not constitute an official statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature