Re: 3c590 problem (?) + Loader Error 20

Hi again,

In addition to my previous posting, i did the following things:
I have checked the arp command, and gives the appropriate output directly
after the bootp request is received by the server.
I also found (with the help of the packet driver debug screen) that with
my 3Com590 card, packets are only SENT from the client and received by the
server... (i mean the S XX XXX XXXXXXX .... XXX line in the bottom of the
screen). That alone pretty much explains why things stuck when the server
sends the bootp answer to the client.... Obviously the client is not
listening!.

In addition these XXX XXXXX lines do not seem refresh (almost every
second) as someone said in the list, but remain still... i tried adding
some switches to the cmdline of the netboot.drivers file, to disable some
extra features of the card, and things got better, but the card never
received an answer....

Bare in mind that with the same configuration on the server, but using an
NE2000 card, i had an S XXXXXX line and then several R XXXXX lines that
advanced pretty quickly, until of course the Loader Error 20 apprearing on
the screen.

I could ..really.. use some help on the 3Com subject, maybe from someone
that used netboot with a 3Com (for details on the problem please read the

P.S. I will try mixing the loader from 0.8.1 with the image created from
0.9 and see what happens (thanks to Mr.Baum for the tip)

Theodoropoulos Theodoros