Re: error message: cannot load bootblock from disk, I'm puzzled

Bartlomiej Jarocki writes:
 > So I "downgraded" to 0.8.1 and its floppy bootrom has communicated with
 > both dhcpd and bootpd server, displayed right bootImage location and
 > local/server IP but then stopped with "cannot load bootblock from disk,
 > insert boot disk and press any key". I expected it will start
 > downloading bootImage via TFTP, I have my tftpd demon running so I'm
 > puzzled at this point.

Run "tcpdump" and check the traffic between your client and server. If
neccessary, post (the important part of) the log to this list.

Also, check if "etherboot" works better for you. Sometimes,
"etherboot" supports a particular combination of hardware better than
"netboot" and vice versa. If you have the choice, try both; and then
file a bug report.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature