RE: Netboot + Advantec

On 01-Jun-99 Chris Hailes wrote:
> Hi Ian,
> I have successfully remote booted the LRP on an Advantec PCM 4823 (Biscuit
> PC 586/133)
> The 16K bootrom was used from the Etherboot project and was installed on the
> board in the Flash BIOS using the Advantec utilities.
> The boot image files were placed on a loop device on Linux, and the boot
> image was made using utilities from the Etherboot project

This is very interesting. We are using the PPC-100. It comes with a number of
Ethernet utilities. The most interesting is PG8019.EXE. Does this ring any
bells?

It was a good few months since I tried this and I currently don't have a
PPC-100. It is currently out on trial. If it is accepted, there will be another
20 or so. In the meantime if you can remember exactly what you did it would be
appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ian

Ian Leonard

eMail: ian@eonsw.demon.co.uk
Phone: +44 (0)1865 765273
Fax: +44 (0)1865 765280
19 Stapleton Road
Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LX, UK

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.