Netboot + Advantec

Greetings,

I don't know if anyone would have any input to this problem, but...

I have an Advantec Touchscreen PC which I use as an X-workstation. The unit has
a solid state disk and a built in Ethernet card. The idea is that rather than
have a boot rom, you use ths SSD. Sadly there is no info on how to do it and
Advantec support are about as poor as you are likely to find.

The other way of using the SSD is to use it as normal harddisk partition. It
should emulate either a floppy or a IDE disk but you can't access it as you wo
uld a LInux floppy disk. In other words you can't put netboot on it. I partly
solved the problem by creating a dos partition with loadlin.exe and a kernel on
it. However at 512K it's just too small.

I think the SSD must have a lot in common with the M-Systems DiskOnChip - which
doesn't work with LInux either.

I realise that this is a bit nebulus but if anybody has any words of wisdom it
would be appreciated.

--
Ian

Ian Leonard

eMail: ian@eonsw.demon.co.uk
Phone: +44 (0)1865 765273
Fax: +44 (0)1865 765280
19 Stapleton Road
Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LX, UK

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.