Re: bootpd doesn't reply to calls :(

>Hi!
>
>bootpd doesn't reply to the calls of my (first) diskless PC :(
>I'm running SuSE Linux 6.1.
>
>tcpdump is reporting the incoming requests for bootps but this damm thing
>doesn't reply to them :(
>
>I added this to initd.conf:
>----
>bootps dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/bootpd /etc/bootptab -c /exports

According to the man page -c chdirpath should come before bootptabfile, i.e.

/usr/sbin/bootpd -c /exports /etc/bootptab

and /etc/bootptab can be omitted as it's the default. Also -c chdirpath
is only needed if you are using relative paths in /etc/bootptab.  If your
paths are fully qualified, either in bf or a combination of bf and hd,
you don't need this option either.

BTW you may wish to protect bootptab with tcpwrappers if you are not
behind a firewall.