Re: More on Netboot not detected by system with PCI SCSI host adapter installed

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Mike Hammer wrote:

> Well, i just tried out using etherboot 3.2 version and it does work
> correctly even with PCI SCSI controller plugged into the system.  The
[snip]
> Using Netboot 0.8.1 for 8019 and 8029 (using Realtek packet drivers)
> and doing the same tests on both network cards, the result is Netboot does
> *not* get started at all by the system.  As i expected, Netboot seems to be
> completely skipped over by the system BIOS.  Maybe there's a problem with
> Netboot here?
[snip]

	Check the NOINT19H option in the Config file of Etherboot.

	If this is enabled, Etherboot  starts booting as soon as it gets called,
thus violating the standard boting procedure, and that's why it works.

	If it's not enabled, Etherboot is inserting itself in to the INT 19H
chain, and if no other boot device is found, it will start booting from
the net.

	Since you already have at least one boot device, your Netboot PROM
and (I presume) Etherboot without the NOINT19H will not get a chance to be
activated.

Hope this helps,
	Vlad