Re: pb SMP support

Christophe KUMSTA wrote:

> hi,
>   Up to now , I used a diskless PC with netboot without any pb.
> This diskless station does image processing , and we want now to upgrade
> to dual-PII station. I use Real-time linux with success and boot with a
> floppy successfully recognizing the SMP support.
>   But when I try to boot with netboot , the SMP support is no more found
> !
> I think that it is a pb of download address which recover the APIC bios
> address.
>
> Any idea ???
>
> thanks for all.
>
> -- KUMSTA Christophe
> -- <kumsta@easynet.fr>
> -- real-time system developper
> -- RT-Linux (Use the source luke)

I'm not using my Dual-Celeron via netboot but I think your run into
Problems because Linux isn't able to load the IO-APIC and remap the
Interrupts because the Paketdriver of the netboot-loader is using an
interrupt. Maybe you can manualy change the settings. This is discribed
in IO-APIC.txt in the Kernel Documentation. I don' know if it would help
but maybe it will ! I think this will slow down your system if you set
your PCI-Irq. to XT-INT.

This is only an idea but i have never remapped the irq's myself !

Jan