Problems w/ netboot rebooting after loading kernel via TFTP

I'm running netboot-0.9.0c and am a first-time user.  I can get net boot to boot
a dos disk for me, but when I make a kernel as follows:

    mknbi-linux -d rom -i rom -k vmlinuz -o bootImage

the client keeps rebooting after the tftpload finishes.  It never does load the
kernel.  Any ideas?  It seems to count up the right number of blocks, but
immediately cold boots.

Phil Allred
allred@stcl.edu