Re: CAN bus netboot

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Mircea Ciocan wrote:

> 	I tried for some automation equipment, but the CAN bus specifications
> must PAYED FOR a huge sum of money (appx 13000$ for full docs) and the
> board I have accsess to don't have nothing then a losy windozian driver
> and library so I let it down, but if you find something let me know,
> this bus is used a LOT in automatinn
>
> 		Mircra

I don't know how much this will help but the NavIST CAN Research and
Development group in Portugal has a lot of CAN bus stuff including
"CAN-Boot, a remote bootstrap protocol for CAN-based systems".  They have
lots of other stuff as well.  See http://pandora.ist.utl.pt/CAN/index.html
for more information.

FWIW this group submitted the original pc386 board support package for
RTEMS. :)

Hope it helps.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985