NFS problem

I'm not sure whether this is the right mailing list to discuss about my
problem but I intend to use etherboot for my diskless client.

I;m using redhat 5.2 2.0.36 with dual cpu machine SMP Pentium 300. On the
server I edited /etc/exports file

/home                   (rw,link_absolute,no_root_squash)
/lost+found             (rw,link_absolute,no_root_squash)
/opt                    (rw,link_absolute,no_root_squash)
/pub                    (rw,link_absolute,no_root_squash)
/usr                    (rw,link_absolute,no_root_squash)

and run exportfs -a and even reboot the machine several times. Typing
rpcinfo -p gave me
 program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  rpcbind
    100000    2   udp    111  rpcbind
    100005    1   udp    635  mountd
    100005    2   udp    635  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    635  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    635  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs

while showmount -e gave me
/usr                  <anon clnt>
/pub                  <anon clnt>
/opt                  <anon clnt>
/lost+found           <anon clnt>
/home                 <anon clnt>

On different machine I invoked command

mount server1:/home /mnt/home
However when I tried to write something eg touch /mnt/home/test
it said permission denied. I used the same /etc/exports file on other
machine and did exactly the same thing but it worked. Could it be
something because of the SMP features. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Azmi