Re: has anybody booted FreeDos floppy images processed withmknbi-dos?

Vinh Lai wrote:
           Hi,

  Anyone know if we have to rebuild the kernel inorder for it to boot up
over the network or we just use the command (mknbi-linux and the kernel
image) to generate a network bootable image.  Because I used the
mknbi-linux to generated a Bootimage but when I boot it up over tftp it
caused error (Kernel panic unable to mount VFS at 00:ff) and I believed
that I had setup bootptab, exports files correctly. Any help would
be appriciate. Thanks.

Yes, you have to enable the root filesystem on NFS option when you compile
the linux kernel.

Crispin

--
----

Windows 98!  Brought to you by Microsoft, the makers of EDLIN.