3c905B boot rom revisited

Hi all,

I've been looking all over the 'net for 3c905B boot rom info, but haven't
found much (I have more plans than to use the ROM just for booting)

The latest batch of 3c905B cards (at least the ones that I get with
Gateway computers) have a Amtel 29c512 64K Flash EPROM solidered into the
card. Apparently earlier cards only had a socket.

Problem is I can't find the programming utility; it's not on 3com's
website. Does anyone have any info about this?

Alex Harin <aoh@ucs.co.za> mentioned a hardware bug re: 3c905B not reading
the entire boot ROM. Where can I get more in-depth info about this? Or
whether 3COM has fixed the problem?

Also, from a programming perspective, which PCI 10/100
ethernet cards have the best design? The Intel EtherExpress series seem to
have high marks.

P.S. 3com's packet drivers are > 60K, IIRC. I haven't done anythign
with them, but they look ugly. :=)

-James