Re: netboot preview release

Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> > /dos/3c90x/ndis2/dos/protocol.ini
> > makerom: protocol.ini [1]: text outside section definition
> > [...]
> >
> >     DriverName = "EL90X$"
> > ;
> > ; below are examples and explanations of some of the keywords supported by
> > ; the 3C90X NDIS 2.01 driver.  most of the lines are simply comments.  the
> > ; marked with "-->" are lines that can be edited (removing the ";-->" and
> > ; lines replacing it with spaces, and modifying the right hand side as
> > ; appropriate.
> > [... more protocol.ini comments deleted ...]
>
> This is not a full protocol.ini file, but just an explanation of the
> parameters allowed with your NDIS driver. As I understand from the
> comments, your NDIS driver needs just the DriverName parameter and
> nothing else if there is just one 3C90X installed. Then you should try
> the following protocol.ini file:
>
> [el90xmac]
>   drivername = EL90X$
>
> These two lines should be sufficient for your protocol.ini file. If
> you have any special requirements, you can add parameters as needed.
> For example, you might want to try to increase speed by setting different
> send and receive buffer sizes, etc. The parameters stated in you sample
> file are just those which are understood in addition to the standard
> parameters. See the NDIS2.01 specification for further exaplanation of
> these standard parameters. This will obviously have to go into the
> final 0.9 documentation. Thanks very much for pointing this out.
>
> gero.

Hi gero,

I have tried your recommendation but with no sucess. When i use the ndis
driver, i can make the bootrom, but when booting, netboot only outputs
its copyright message and then hangs.
Also, if i use the packet driver with 0.9a, it doesn't work either.
Is says:
	Found packed driver at int 60, free mem 001E
	BOOTP: Sending boot request .ok
	BOOTP: Loading extension.bootp.

	ARP Timeout

the same configuration works with 0.8.1.

The reason i wanted to try a new version is that with 0.8.1 i cannot
local boot WIN95 when bootrom is installed, it hangs. I hoped this would
have been solved in 0.9.

Kind regards,

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341