Re: Bootrom for 3C905B ??

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My vendor ist not able to deliver the 3C905-TX anymore. All i can get is
> 3C905B-TX.
> Unfortunately there is no packet driver for that NIC so i cannot use
> netboot. I asked 3Com and they told me something about mid of october
> (Their plan was to release it Q3CY98).
>
> Is there ANY way to get a bootrom for that NIC? Otherwise i'm really
> stuck.
>
> Heinrich Rebehn

I think the old 3C905 packet driver will still work. At least in 10BaseT
mode. By the way there was a hardware bug in the latest 3c905B -- the card
would not see read parts of the bootrom correctly. I would recommend to
use intel eepro100 rather. It comes with a neat flash ram slot, and rom
can be programmed on the card without the eprom burner.

Cheers,

Alex