Re: How to look for specific bootp server

>>Using etherboot, how do I configure the PROM or floppy so that the diskless
>>client will look for a specific bootp server only.  This is to avoid conflict
>>arising from the presence of more than one bootp servers.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Napi
>
>It's alright to have more than one bootp server as long as they are all
>consistent in the answers they return.
>
>Think about it: You defeat the purpose of bootp which is
>autoconfiguration, if you have to hardwire some magic numbers into
>the code.

Sorry, but I'm using DHCP as my server for the diskless workstations and
the server will assign IP addresses and hostnames to the diskless clients.
There will be a problem if there are more than one DHCP servers, that is
some of these servers happen to be managed by some other departments within
the office.  The DHCP server that we use also acts as our bootp server.
Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Napi