Re: Problem with SMC9432

Matthias Harders wrote:

>         we have the same problems as described by Peter Debus
>         in an earlier request (PCI 10/100 and netboot), that is
>         somehow the connection between driver and netboot doesn't
>         work properly.
>         The packets are sent but netboot doesn't receive any.
>
>         * the bootp request is sent correctly and the server
>           replies, but netboot does not receive the answer

As I have exactly the same problem i would like to add to this
description my
experience:

* tcpdump tells about the incoming request and probably correct answer.
Both
    request and answer are different from those of linux bootp thoug.
These have
    some length information attached and work without problem.

* the packet debugger reveils an incoming packet, which appears to be
only one
    byte in length (00) which can be changed by changing the bootptab
return address
    broadcast to *.*.*.255 to FF.

I hope someone finds out what happens here.

eibo