nfsroot with 2.1.x kernel

Hello!

If I try to boot my cdrom-server with a 2.1.9x Kernel and nfsroot
I have the following problem:

The BOOTP procedure works fine and the kernel loads. But just after
the NE2000 driver has loaded the message "IP-Config not complete"
and "can't find NFS server" appears on the screen.

With the 2.0.33 kernel everything works fine, but I need the new
joliet filesystem module, which is not included in the old kernel.

I have already tried different parameters when building the
bootImage, but it doesn't work.

My configuration:

Client:
486SX-33, 8 MB RAM, NE2000 ISA network card (using the packet-driver
which was on the driver disk), no harddisk, no floppy, kernel 2.1.91
in the bootImage.

Server:
SuSE-Linux 5.2, kernel 2.1.91, netboot 0.7.3.

I have also tried to boot that new kernel on another diskless work-
station and I have just the same problem there.

--
Bye,
        Christoph

cw@winair.net