Re: Bootmenu

Hi Dieter,

>Hi,
>
>I am totally stuck in creating a bootmenu.
>I compiled a wd-bootrom (4.0pre7) with "-DIMAGE-MENU" and "-DMOTD", and
>followed the directions in "vendortags.html".
>
>However, the client only displays the motd, but then tries to boot the image
>specified in the "bf" tag, instead of displaying any bootmenu.
>
>Do I have to create a bootmenu-image with the netboot-tools ?

I don't think so, it appears from the documentation you have to put
some vendor extension tags in the bootptab or extension file.

I have to confess I don't know much about bootmenu since I don't use it.
I hope Markus is reading this. It is possible I broke something in
editing for 4.0 although I think I was careful.

If you can run tcpdump see what's in the bootp packet that's sent back.

>P.S.: Ken, if you are reading this, please replace "ef=/etc/extension.bootp"
>in "vendortags.html" with something like "ef=extension.bootp". It took me
>much too long to figure out that this has to be in a path that is accesible
>by tftpd...

Thanks, I will fix that now.

	Ken