Re: Multiple ethernet

Ugo Delchini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanx for these great packages netboot/etherboot.
>
> I burned a prom for my 3COM 3c509 ethernet adapter and i can
> boot Linux from the network (etherboot 3.2 and netboot 0.7.3).
>
> Now i want to have a eepro100+ PCI card on the same PC. I compiled
> the driver into the kernel and during startup the two cards are
> seen (i know it from the console messages). I have eth0 and eth1.
>
> The problem is that now, i am unable to tell the kernel which interface
> to use for the root filesystem over NFS. I tried to modify drivers/net/Space.c
> to change the probing order but nothing changes. I tried to append complete
> NFS root setup with the -a flag of mknbi-linux, no changes.
>
> Is there any mean to do that without modifying the sources of mknbi-linux
> or something else ?
>
> Thanx for any help.

You may try to compile in kernel just the driver for the eternet card you want to use

for NFS root mounting, and insert later a module for the other card.

Another way is to hack in kernel to probe first the network card u want to be eth0.

Tell me if u have any success...

--

Air conditioned. Do _NOT_ open Windows.