Re: EPROM type question : WD8013 and SMC Ultra

Dieter Rothacker writes:
 > can anybody tell me what EPROMs I have to use for a WD8013 NIC ?
 >
 > For my studies I will have to remote boot 4 WD8013EP and 4 SMC Ultra
 > equipped machines. I need exact type numbers for the university's
 > staff to order the EPROMs.

The WD8013EB cards that I have here, can be configured for 16kB, 32kB
and 64kB. This means, they can directly support 27c128, 27c256, and
27c512 chips. Typically, your best bet is probably getting 27c256
chips. Etherboot does not really need more than 32kB (frequently, it
does not even need more than 16kB); besides, 27c256 are the most
easily found chips.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature