Re: Problems with booting via ethernet

>Hi !
>
>I have got a problem with booting via ethernet. I've compiled
>linux-2.0.30 for Root on NFS and configuered my NFS-Server to serve
>my diskless Clients. I've applied a Patch by Harald Milz so the kernel
>generates a few devices before starting init. But I'm getting error
>messages after the client mounts the nfs-root. My client get's its
>bootimage via tftp. After the client has mounted its root filesystem
>tftp makes the error msg:
>
>Mar  3 11:42:26 magic in.tftpd[650]: connect from 192.168.0.2
>Mar  3 11:42:26 magic tftpd[651]: tftpd: trying to get file: /local/tftpboot/
>iX-Terminal/romeo/bootImage
>Mar  3 11:42:37 magic tftpd[651]: tftpd: read: Connection refused
>
>My client is getting his bootImage, uncompress it and after it mounts
>the nfs-root, my nfsd hangs.
>
>What is going wrong ??? Can anybody help me solve this Problem ?
>
>I tried booting remote with an Win95-bootimage and everythings wents
>well. I got a dos prompt an no error msg. I treid the same with an old
>linux kernel lx-1.2.12 from the iX-Terminal-Package but my client is an
>old i386 with no math-copro. I've tried recompiling it but gcc 2.7.2.1
>don't like the old source code.
>
>Jan
>magic@on-line.de

This is strange. You say the client gets its bootimage ok but then
tftpd (or more like tcpwrapper) complains that it cannot give out the
bootimage. So is romeo/bootImage the bootimage or just some other file?
Is there in your client startup scripts that tries to fetch the file
again?

You say your nfsd (on the server?) hangs. Don't you mean the client
hangs because it cannot mount the nfs-root? What is the last message
from the client?