Problems with booting via ethernet

Hi !

I have got a problem with booting via ethernet. I've compiled
linux-2.0.30 for Root on NFS and configuered my NFS-Server to serve
my diskless Clients. I've applied a Patch by Harald Milz so the kernel
generates a few devices before starting init. But I'm getting error
messages after the client mounts the nfs-root. My client get's its
bootimage via tftp. After the client has mounted its root filesystem
tftp makes the error msg:

Mar  3 11:42:26 magic in.tftpd[650]: connect from 192.168.0.2
Mar  3 11:42:26 magic tftpd[651]: tftpd: trying to get file: /local/tftpboot/iX-Terminal/romeo/bootImage
Mar  3 11:42:37 magic tftpd[651]: tftpd: read: Connection refused

My client is getting his bootImage, uncompress it and after it mounts
the nfs-root, my nfsd hangs.

What is going wrong ??? Can anybody help me solve this Problem ?

I tried booting remote with an Win95-bootimage and everythings wents
well. I got a dos prompt an no error msg. I treid the same with an old
linux kernel lx-1.2.12 from the iX-Terminal-Package but my client is an
old i386 with no math-copro. I've tried recompiling it but gcc 2.7.2.1
don't like the old source code.

Jan
magic@on-line.de