daemon-problems

Hi !

I'm trying to set up a diskless linux client, but I've got some problems
with the daemons. I tested booting with the "netboot-patched floppy", and
the client seems to send his requests.
But I cannot detect any reactions of the server.
I installed  NFS, exported the important directories (okay, I'm also new
on NFS, so this could be another problem, but this should appear later!
;-)))  ), and set up the bootpd.
But I could  not detect him working; I started it "by hand" - even
twice at the same time - no reaction.
And then tftpd: in  /etc/services  tftp seems to be provided (SuSE 4.4.1):
Do I also have to install the tftpd? And how? (Step-by-step?)
And I couldn't even find tftpd at  sunsite's :-(((

Is there a possibility to controll the network? (I'd like to know whether
the requests of the client reach the server or not)

Many question, right? But I hope you can help me get it working.
Thanks
Martin