Re: Quick NEPCI question.

Ken Yap wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Ben Kressman wrote:
> > Okay.
> >
> > I have 2 types of nics here, a KTI (pci)card with W89C940 PCI Ethernet
> > REV 2.0 listed on it.  If I compile a NEPCI.COM file, boot of of disk it
> > pops up that it finds a KTI card, but doesn't try to boot off of it.
>
> Have you set up a bootp, tftp and NFS server?

Oh yeah, I have a fully working system, got other diskless systems working.

> See my notes at www.slug.org.au/diskless.html.
>
> > Also, I have a Winbond E2000 (pci)card and when I boot off of the
> > floppy, etherboot says : Found Winbond NE2000-PCI at 0xE000 then goes
> > and says :  Probing...[NE*000/PCI] and just sits there forever.
>
> It might be the 3.2 bug with inp and outp. Please try out
> http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot-4.0pre3.tar.gz (replace the
> src*/ directories in a 3.2 distribution and let me know.

  I'm running this version.

Someone explained that the KTI wasn't supported, and that I needed 4.0pre3 to
run the winbond card.  Well, I am running 4.0pre3, and my winbond doesn't do
anything.  Just sits there forever probing card...

-Ben