FYI: ld ver. 2.7 problems with 4.0pre

Ken,

I've found that the 4.0pre code has problems with ld version 2.7. This is
the version shipped with redhat 4.2.  Basically, the problem is that ld
creates a huge binary image. I guess objdump took care of this. Redhat 5.0
(ld ver 2.8.1) is fine.

You may want to list this as a known problem so you don't too much mail
about it after release.

Bill