Administrator's note

Hello,

due to a recent flood of error mails I would kindly ask you to obey the
following rules when your are subscribed to this mailing list:

-  Read the help file, which you can get by sending a mail with the
   text 'help' in it's body to majordomo@baghira.han.de. Do NOT send
   any administrative requests (subscribing or unsubscribing) to the
   mailing list itself, e.g. NOT to netboot@baghira.han.de. You will
   always get an answer from majordomo telling you the result of your
   request.

-  Make sure that you can get emails at all. I recently got various
   error mails telling me that a user's local mailbox has exceeded
   it's quota limit. Also a very common error is to have some form
   of local configuration error, like some part of the mailing system
   is missing or not executable. If you are doing experiments with
   your mailer system, please unsubscribe from the list, and resubscribe
   when your system works stable again.

-  Make sure that the email paths are valid from outside your organization
   and/or country. I frequently get error messages because there are loops
   or simply too many hops on the way to the destination.

-  Do not send any mails to the list before you have actually subscribed.
   Some people sent their first message together with the subscription
   mail. Since majordomo needs some time to process the subscription (about
   2 minutes max. when the server is heavily loaded), the sender of the
   list message is not yet subscribed when the mail arrives at the server.
   It will therefore be bounced to me. I'm not going to repost those messages.

-  If you sent out a message and don't see it in the list within two days,
   it might be that you have been unsubscribed automatically because of some
   previous problems. You can check this case by yourself by sending major-
   domo the 'which' command. Refer to the majordomo help file (see above)
   for further information. Only in the case that you are unable to solve
   a problem by yourself, please let me know by sending a mail to
   gero@gkminix.han.de. But do not expect an immediate answer.

-  BEFORE you cancel or loose your email address please unsubscribe from
   the list.

Due to a heavy workload in my new job it can take up to two weeks or
even longer for me to answer incoming administrative requests. Most
problems can usually be solved by yourself by simply using the mechanics
offered by majordomo. See the majordomo help file for further information.

Thanks for helping me making the administration of the netboot mailing
list easier by following the above mentioned suggestions.

gero.

--
Unix: it's a nice place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit there.