Re: Remote booting Windows 95

PS I answered this question treating "remoteboot 95" as meaning
"remoteboot 95 diskless". If you were referring to "remoteboot 95 with a
local hard disk", like the Geneva people did, then certainly you don't
need any of these alternative stacks because you can start 95 from the
local hard drive (possibly after updating it) and then it can load the
protected mode IP stack for SMB.

Also, if you have no interest in SMB because you are a Novell site or
something then again, you can remoteboot 95 with or without a disk
without any problems.

Windows 95 without a local hard disk seems a little more unstable than 95
normally is, although I haven't tried hard to work out if this is really
the case. I don't like 95 and don't use it at all!

Regards,

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer@UniSA.edu.au