Re: DLink ROM

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Ken Yap wrote:

> >Hi people,
> >I'm trying to set up a bootp/tftp to boot linux off a diskless PC. The
> >network card of the diskless box is a DLink 220, and it came with a boot
> >rom. When I fire the machine up, it prompts with 3 options
> >1 - DLink Server
> >2 - Netware
> >3 - GPL
> >
> >Which, if any, of these is the bootp protocol?
>
> Probably none of the above. Certainly not Netware which is IPX. Dlink
> Server is probably a proprietary protocol and I don't know what is
> GPL.
>
> You may have to replace the boot ROM.

Perhaps so, (sigh). Thanks Ken.

Hey, just noticed you're in Australia! Tell me, where in blazes I can
get hold of boot roms. Every distributor I talk to has never even heard
of them. This is Sydney I'm talking about. Noone in York Street stocks
them. If you've got any ideas where I can find one, I'd be really
grateful to hear about it.

Cheers

Paul

                                                 ,---
    Paul Wilkins                                | o o |
    Internet Operations Manager                 ` \_/ '    Linux
    TMP Worldwide                               /\___/\    The Choice of
    paulw@tmpw.com.au                          |_/ . \_|   A GNU Generation
    http://www.monsterboard.com.au             \_/___\_/