Re: 3COM 3C905 remote booting

Hi Charl,

 > Saw your posting on the netboot digest about your problems with the 3c905
 > remote booting, and I've exactly the same question regarding the 32-pin
 > EPROM socket-did you find out what EPROM should be used there ?

it wasn't me who had the problems with that card, but I was merely
responding to somebody else's posting. While I still have no
confirmation, a 32 pin socket might hint at a 27010 chip. Take a look
at http://www.amd.com/products/nvd/techdocs/10205f2.pdf and then use a
multimeter to follow the traces on your NIC to verify that the pin-out
of the socket agrees with the pin-out for this chip. You might want to
look at http://www.blackdown.org/~hwb/menu_ConnectorTop10.html to find
out what the traces on your NIC connect to.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature