Re: Large ROM size (e.g. over 32kb) problems with etherboot

William A. Arbaugh wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what to look out for (i.e. fix) when I have an image
> over 32kb?
>
> I have a set of functions that run fine without stdlib. Linking a few of
> them into a eepro100 image (lzcom or com) and using masq to produce a
> bootable floppy works fine when the size is below 32kb.  As soon as the
> size goes over that, the system hangs on boot.

Oh. That's easy.

The problem is that by default the image is loaded very close to the
640k boundary. The stack is placed at 640k and moves downward. At
close to 32k, the stack meets your variables (data segement).

If you really need more than 32k, some redesigning needs to be done :-(

					Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a