UID,GID problemUID,GID problem, I think.... (fwd)

Hello!
    I have to ask you a prblem about my network:
   My network is formed by 8 pc-s 486/4Mb Ram, and a server which is a
P166/16Ram running RedHat Linux 4.1.
   I installed the netboot package, and I made it work. The problem
resides in that after I log in ,

  (/etc/inittab have a line like         1:1234:respawn:/bin/bash -login)

I have root access (id reports uid=0(root) gid=0(root)), but, (strange!) I
have no rights at all!. I think there is a problem with what you said
ugidd daemon, which I can't find at all even I searched the sunsite
archive.

  Adi Cretu