Re: SMC Ether Power 2

I have been attempting to use the SMC9432 PCI NIC with netboot. The setup for
the packet driver is as follows:

i) 	select user defined packet driver for netboot.
ii)	enter path to packet driver.
iii) 	enter command line for packet driver
	0x<software interrupt> [AUTONEGOTIATE | [ [TEN | HUNDRED] [FD] ]]
	eg:	0x7e TEN FD	or
		0x7e AUTONEGOTIATE
	The FD is for Full-Duplex, so only use this option if your
	network is actually Full-Duplex.
	There are other options for the packet driver but they
	should not be needed for netboot. There is a an INSTALL.DOC
	file included in 9432.EXE .

Having said all this, I have been unsuccessful in getting the card
to work with netboot. The packet driver for the SMC9432 is the first
one Crynwr did not write for SMC, and SMC have said the driver
has "some" problems and are working on an updated driver.

Symptoms: The packet driver loads OK, and netboot sends the bootp
request, the server replies, but netboot does not receive the answer,
net boot simply repeats bootp requests.

I would like to know how you get on with the 9432.

Cheers Pete