Re: Information needed on remote booting across gateways

simos@athena.teiath.gr writes:
 > What choices do I have with the bootp/tftp server:
 >   Can I use a WinNT workstation for that application with the public
 > domain tftp/bootp servers?
 >   I need both the bootp *and* tftp server to be on the same segment with
 > the diskless workstation?

You need to run "bootpgw" on your gateway machines. I do not know, if
there is a copy of this program for NT. The BOOTP server can run on
whatever operating system you want to use. It should not be necessary
to run TFTP and BOOTP server on the same segment, but I do not know
how much testing has gone into these configurations, so it is possible
that you might uncover one or two bugs. If you do, then please report
them back to the list.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature