Information needed on remote booting across gateways

Hi!
  I have finally got quite confident with netbooting linux boxes at the
local segment (got it working with 3COM 509B and DEC 450 PCI) and I am
exploring with netbooting from different ethernet segments.
  To make it short, I was wondering how to set things up.

What choices do I have with the bootp/tftp server:
  Can I use a WinNT workstation for that application with the public
domain tftp/bootp servers?
  I need both the bootp *and* tftp server to be on the same segment with
the diskless workstation?

Simos