Re: Using Netboot with PCI NE2000 compatible card

Mike Hammer writes:
 > PS.  Do you know if etherboot also uses the approach of using
 >      plug-in packet drivers to interface with various Ethernet
 >      boards?  This method seems to be the best as far as supporting
 >      all those network cards in the market.

Etherboot does not support plug-in packet drivers. It requires
individual customized drivers for different NIC architectures. It does
autoprobing for all of the supported cards. The most recent version
comes with support for PCI based NE2k clones. Maybe, you should just
give it a try and see if it works for you. We would be glad to hear
any success (or bug) reports.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature