Re: netboot via BOOTP

Ken Yap wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to use netboot to boot a 386 using BOOTP.  But the boot
> >process stops after the root filesystem is mounted via NFS.  On the
> >server side, I got the following message:
> >
> >       tftpd: read: Connection refused
> >
> >I wonder whether it has anything to do with the bootrom.  Right now my
>
> No, it looks like you have some security wall on the server. Check that
> the diskless client is allowed to fetch files with tftp. Maybe you have
> tcpwrappers running?

Yeah, it looks like it's a security problem.  But I got another message
before that one displayed:

	tftpd: trying to get file /tftpboot/bootImage

To me, the 386 is able to get the boot image (or at least part of the
boot image), because it does uncompress the kernel.  It just never
finished.  If it's a security issue of tftp, what controls it?  How can
I find out whether I have tcpwrappers running or not?

Ben